Hevreh is excited to present our collaborative project at a cutting edge contemporary art museum in Lublin!
The Labyrinth Gallery was founded in 1956 as the BWA ( Bureau of Arts Exhibitions). In 1981 Andrzej Mroczek became the director of BWA. In the Gallery he continued to pursue the first program that he had led since 1974. The Labyrinth Gallery promoted contemporary art, focusing on the formal experiment.
BWA gained nationwide and worldwide recognition as an artists’ meeting place. After the introduction of martial law in Poland, BWA was one of the few government institutions not under a boycott. This was evidence of the trust that independent Polish artistic milieus had for the director, Andrzej Mroczek. The museum takes an in-depth look at present day works of art, and searching for universal values in art.